Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wipeout Wisdom

In my house, Wipeout is one of those shows that we watch together as a family.  I hate the innuendo from the hosts, but it's still crying until my sides hurt funny.  The other night we were watching "Blind Date Wipeout" and the guy kept going without waiting for his partner.  This is the conversation that ensued:


Me: Look at him, not caring about his partner.
Little Miss: He only cares about himself, Mom.
Me: I know! How awful! Never date a man who only cares about himself, LM.
Little Miss: Mom, they're ALL like that!


Of course, Hubby (having heard the previous conversation) came into the room and said, "Sweetie, you heard your mother, never date a man who only cares about himself.  And you just said that they were all like that.  So what does that tell you?

Little Miss: That I should never date anyone?

Hmm.  Really?  Of course, this transitioned into a conversation about the fact that not all men are like that.  She agreed, especially when I pointed out that her father was not like that at all.  So she amended it to "only SOME" are like that.  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment